There are simple BizTalk Server installations and then there are some quite annoying BizTalk Server topologies and complex configurations which tend to give rise to the appearance of diverse types of errors: SQLNCLI11 ole db provider not found in the system. It’s one of the most recent I’ve found.
Let me contextualize the appearance of this error.
To simplify I have 5 machines in my environment:
- 2 SQL Server’s in a cluster and SSO Master Secret Server in a cluster
- 2 BizTalk Server’s
- And 1 IBM WebSphere MQ Server and with only BizTalk Server 2016 MQSeries Agent installed
I successfully installed:
- BizTalk Server 2016 Cumulative Update 5 (CU5) in the SSO Master Secret Server’s
- And BizTalk Server Feature Pack 3 with CU5 on BizTalk Server’s
Nevertheless, while I was trying to install BTS2016 CU5 on the MQ Server I got the following error:
Ole db providers : SQLOLEDB, MSDataShape, ADsDSOObject, MSDASQL, MSDASQL Enumerator, SQLOLEDB Enumerator, MSDAOSP
SQLNCLI11 ole db provider not found in the system.
TLS1.2 support requires SQL Server 2012 Native client 11.0 must be installed on all BizTalk machines. Install SQL Server Native client 11.0 before applying the update.
To download and install Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client 11.0, see this Microsoft Download Center webpage. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50402&751be11f-ede8-5a0c-058c-2ee190a24fa6=True
Aborting installation of this update.
Please try after installing SQL Server 2012 Native client 11.0.
Unfortunately, to install BizTalk Server CU5 and I guess previous ones there is this default requirement that you need to have: SQL Server 2012 Native client 11.0 installed in the server.
In fact, for the BizTalk Server 2016 MQSeries Agent to work properly this component is not required. This is a validation requirement of the CU5.
The solution is quite simple:
- Download SQL Server 2012 Native client 11.0, you can find it here: Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Native Client – QFE
- And install it.
After you install the SQL client you will be able to successfully apply the BizTalk Server 2016 CU5.