When trying to deploy BAM activity into a new BizTalk Environment:
- “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server …\Tracking>bm.exe deploy-all -DefinitionFile:BAM.SMSExpress.xls”
It happened to me the following error:
“Microsoft (R) Business Activity Monitoring Utility Version 3.9.469.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Using ‘BAMPrimaryImport’ BAM Primary Import database on server ‘BTS2010LAB01’…
Deploying Activity… Done.
Deploying View… ERROR: The BAM deployment failed.
The BAM Star Schema database has not been configured. Run bm.exe setup-databases to configure the database.”
- One of the possible causes of the problem is that Analysis Services form BAM aggregations were not configured.
- Open BizTalk Server Configuration Console. (All Programs ➤ Microsoft BizTalk Server … ➤ BizTalk Server Configuration)
- Select the option “BAM Tools” in the left menu and check the option “Enable Analysis Services for BAM Aggregations”
- Configure “BAM Analysis Database” and “BAM Star Schema Database”
- Click “Apply Configuration”
- On the Summary screen, click “Next”
- On the completed screen, click “Finish”