When trying to deploy BAM activity: “C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009\Tracking>bm.exe deploy-all -DefinitionFile:BAMSample.xls”, you can get “Old format or invalid type library” error:
“Microsoft (R) Business Activity Monitoring Utility Version 3.8.368.0 Copyright (C) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Using ‘BAMPrimaryImport’ BAM Primary Import database on server ‘…’…
ERROR: Failed to open BAM Excel workbook file – ‘C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009\Tracking\MyBAMSample.xls’. Old format or invalid type library. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80028018 (TYPE_E_INVDATAREAD))”
- When you use a locale setting other than English (United States) while installing the English version of BizTalk Server, your deployment of the Bam.xls file generates a “fnGetString” or “Old format or invalid type library” error.
- Change the computer locale to English (United States) and re-run the bm deploy command at the command prompt.
- To change your computer locale to English (United States)
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Regional and Language Options.
- In the Regional and Language Options dialog, on the Regional Options tab, choose the English (United States) locale from the drop-down box, and click OK.
Other Possible Solution
- To work around this problem, you can either install the Office Multilingual User Interface (MUI) pack which can be found on http://www.microsoft.com/ or change your locale to US-EN just for the duration of the deployment.
Tags: BizTalk | BAM | Deploy | Errors and Warnings, Causes and Solutions