Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) is a practice that has become an essential aspect of Azure development. Although it is possible to execute each of the CI/CD pipeline steps manually, the actual value can be achieved only through automation.
And to improve software delivery using CI/CD pipelines, either a DevOps or a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) approach is highly recommended.
In this whitepaper, I will address and explain how you can implement CI/CD oriented to Azure Function Apps using Azure DevOps Pipelines.
I will explain in detail all the basic things you have to know, from the creation of an Azure Function on Visual Studio 2022 to everything you need to create and configure inside DevOps to archive the implementation of the CI/CD process using Azure Functions.
What’s in store for you?
This whitepaper will give you a detailed understanding of the following:
- An introduction to:
- What are Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)?
- What are CI/CD Pipelines?
- What is Azure DevOps?
- Create an organization or project collection in Azure DevOps
- Create a project in Azure DevOps
- Building your Azure Function from scratch
- Publish your code from Visual Studio
- A step-by-step approach to building Azure Pipelines
- A step-by-step approach to building Azure Release Pipelines
Where can I download it
You can download the whitepaper here:
I hope you enjoy reading this paper and any comments or suggestions are welcome.