Once again, after many requests and many postponements, due to my unavailability and free time to take these tasks, BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter is finally officially available and optimized for BizTalk Server 2020 on GitHub!
The BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter is an in-process receive adapter that executes a prescribed task on a daily, weekly or monthly schedule. The adapter is configured entirely within BizTalk, all configurations are stored within the SSODB and can be exported and imported via binding files.
The schedule capabilities are similar to those available with the Windows Scheduled Task Service.
Four simple tasks are included:
- XmlStringStreamProvider – generates a BizTalk message from a configured Xml string
- FileStreamProvider – generates a BizTalk message from the contents of a file
- HttpDownload – generates a BizTalk message from data downloaded from a web site
- SQLStreamProvider – generates a BizTalk message from the contents of a SQL Query (similar to the old SQL adapter) – Since version 3.0
Custom tasks can be created. Any .NET class that implements the appropriate interface can be scheduled.
What is new?
New schedule capabilities:
- HTTPDownload task was changed and improved to control timeouts better and to avoid the receive locations disabling themselves automatically (Contribution made by Rickard Karlmats)
- HTTPDownload task was changed and improved to support REST/JSON (Contribution made by Pedro Almeida)
- Improved and optimized to BizTalk Server 2020 but it will also be compatible with BizTalk Server 2016
You can download this “new” version of the adapter in BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter from GitHub:
Please feel free to use the adapter, and If you find any problems or bugs, please open an issue on the adapter GitHub site: https://github.com/sandroasp/BizTalk-Scheduled-Task-Adapter and help evolve this community adapter. You can also suggest new features, and I am also open to new ideas..