BizTalk Server 2020 – 20 days, 20 posts – day 9. This week I decide to start migrating a project that I enjoy and use them in several of my clients: BizTalk Pipeline Components Extensions UtilityPack. And the first component that I choose was: Local Archive Pipeline Component.
Local Archive Pipeline Component
BizTalk Server Local Archive pipeline component it’s a pipeline component that can be used for archiving incoming/outgoing message from any adapters. It will provide the following capabilities :
- It can be used in any stage of a receive pipeline or send pipeline;
- It can be used in multiple stages of a receive pipeline or send pipeline;
- It provides an option for you to specify the location path for where you want to save the message: local folder, shared folder, network folder.
- It can be used from any adapter:
- If the adapter provides the ReceivedFileName property promoted like the File adapter or FTP adapter the component will take this value in consideration and save the message with the same name;
- Otherwise, it will use the MessageID, saving the file with the MessageID has its name without extension.
The component has two parameters:
- PerformBackup: True/False value to enable or disable the archive functionality;
- Folder: Local (or shared) folder for where you want to perform the archive of the message;
What is BizTalk Pipeline Components Extensions Utility Pack?
BizTalk Pipeline Components Extensions Utility Pack is a set of custom pipeline components (libraries) with several custom pipeline components that can be used in received and sent pipelines, which will provide an extension of BizTalk out-of-the-box pipeline capabilities.
The project is available on the BizTalk Server Open Source Community repository on GitHub (https://github.com/BizTalkCommunity), and everyone can contribute with new pipeline components that can be extended or improve the existing BizTalk Server capabilities.
At the moment this project is available for:
- BizTalk Server 2020;
- BizTalk Server 2016;
- BizTalk Server 2010;
- BizTalk Server 2006-2009
Where to download it?
You can download BizTalk Pipeline Components Extensions Utility Pack from GitHub here: