Yesterday, June 25, 2016, BizTalk Server team released the new BizTalk Server 2016 Feature Pack 3, again, this only can be applied to BizTalk Server 2016, the previous versions of the product don’t support FP and there is nothing on the roadmap to support them. This FP was announced in Integrate 2018 London event and it will include:
- 3 brand new Office365 adapters:
- Office 365 Mail Adapter: will allow you to consume (read, mark as read or delete) Outlook e-mail messages through one-way BizTalk Server receive locations or send email messages through one-way static or dynamic send ports.
- Office 365 Calendar Adapter: that will allow you to get future calendar events through one-way BizTalk Server receive locations or create calendar events through one-way static or dynamic send ports. Personally, I still need to find a good case story for this adapter but is better have than don’t have nothing.
- Office 365 Contact Adapter: that will allow you to create contacts through one-way static or dynamic send ports. Again, still need to find a good case story for this adapter.
- Support for Authentication with Azure AD and OAuth using Microsoft Enterprise Single Sign-On – This feature is included, but only consumed by the new Office 365 adapters
- And compliance with:
- US government accessibility standard
- FIPS and GDPR privacy standards
- Compatibility with SQL Server 2016 SP2: You now can deploy multiple databases per instance of an Availability Group.
And I couldn’t wait for trying it out!
Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016 Feature Pack 3: Step-by-step Installation Instructions
After you download the Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016 Feature Pack 3 You should:
- Run the downloaded .EXE file – BTS2016-KB4103503-ENU.exe – from your hard drive.
- In the “Welcome to Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016 Feature Update 3 Installation Wizard” screen, click “Next”
- In the “License agreement” screen, select the option “I accept the terms of this license agreement” and then click “Next”
- In the “Ready to Install”, it will be provided a list of products that will be enhanced, you should click “Next” to continue with the installation.
- The BizTalk Server 2016 Feature Pack 3 installation will prompt a window with the list of services that will be restarted during the installation process, click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
- The installation process may take some minutes to complete, and you probably see some “background” windows to appear and to be completed.
- Important: you should wait until the “Installation Wizard has completed” screen to appear
- In the “Installation Wizard has completed” screen, click “Finish”
Note: BizTalk Server 2016 Feature Pack 3 doesn’t request for you to restart BizTalk Server machine after you finish the FP3 installation process. But I normally like to restart once the installation is complete (this is optional).
Once the installation is complete, you will be able to see and use the new features:
- New Office 365 adapters
Note: Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016 Feature Update 3 comes with CU5, so once you install this FP you are also updating your BizTalk Server environment with the latest cumulative update. This is not optional.