So what happened in 2015? Many things! But, shortly, it was a good year both personal and professional, the end of last year was crazy in terms of projects, so crazy that I didn’t have any free time to write new posts on my blog (a thing that I enjoy doing)… I even thought I had published a few posts this year (at least considerably less than last year)… SURPRISE! Despite all that I still was able to publish 27 more posts than last year, in a total of 97 posts!
In 2015, there were 79 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 482 posts.
BizTalk Mapping Patterns and Best Practices is now a physical book…
Thanks to BizTalk360 (the publisher), my first book is now able as a physical print copy!! This is a book completely free for the community. A book that was announced in Oslo, Norway during the BizTalk Innovation day of 2014.
“BizTalk Mapping Patterns and Best Practices” book is a 400-page recipe that offers insights on how maps work, the most common patterns in real time scenarios, and best practices for BizTalk Developers to develop effective, robust, and organized maps. The book has as technical reviewers Steef-Jan Wiggers, Nino Crudele, Michael Stephenson and José António Silva and is available for you to download at BizTalk360 website here.
A year of speaking engagements…
Wow, I had the opportunity to be present 13 sessions!!, has a speaker, some of them with completely different topics (TechNet Wiki, several topics about BizTalk Server and of course Logic Apps), in multiple events across Europe (UK, Belgium and Portugal) and some of them through live meetings. That indeed is my personal record so far!
Here is the complete list of speaking engagements that I had in 2015:
- III Evento da Comunidade Porto.Data | January 22, 2015
- 2 talks in TechNet Wiki Summit 2015 | March 17-18-19, 2015
- BizTalk Summit London 2015 | April 13-14, 2015
- Microsoft MVP Showcase | April 25, 2015
- Global Azure Bootcamp 2015 | April 25, 2015
- BTUG.be – Integration Day 2015 | June 4th, 2015
- 2 Talks at Integration Monday | August 31 and June 22, 2015
- XI Porto.Data Community Meeting | September 30, 2015
- 2 talks in SQLSaturday#429 Porto | October 3, 2015
- Microsoft WebCamp Lisbon | December 2, 2015
For me is always a great honor and joy to be participating in events, either as speaker or attendee, be with old friends, meet new people and share knowledge!
And yet had the opportunity once again to attend some events like:
- MVP Global Summit 2015
- A few SQLPort and Porto.Data Community events;
- An incalculable number of internal training events at DevScope;
- And more
My Blog is growing every year…
Very special thanks to all my reader I really appreciate the 350,000 visits to my blog, from 184 countries in the past year. That’s 40,000 more visits than last year and 150,000 more than 2013!
- 2014: 310,000 visits, 183 countries, 52 new posts
- 2013: 200,000 visits, 176 countries, 79 new posts
- 2012: 170,000 visits, 171 countries, 102 new posts
- 2011: 91,000 visits, 61 new posts
Most visitors came from The United States. India & United Kingdom were not far behind.
And even with all the speaking events that I had I still was able to write 79 new posts.
The posts that got the most views in 2015 were:
- BizTalk 2013 Installation and Configuration – Install and Configure BizTalk Server 2013 (Part 9) posted in May 2013
- BizTalk 2013 Installation and Configuration – Important considerations before set up the server (Part 1) posted in May 2013
- The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched. Inaccessible logs: Security. posted in February 2012
- BizTalk 2013 Installation and Configuration – Install SQL Server 2012 (Part 7) posted in May 2013
- BizTalk 2013 Installation and Configuration – Installing BizTalk Adapter Pack (Part 12) posted in May 2013
However, my favorite’s posts that I enjoyed writing last year was:
- How to fix or configure the Deployment Properties of a BizTalk Project with PowerShell because it is a time saver script! It helped me to not lose the rest of my hair J
- How to Install and Configure Microsoft BizTalk 2013 R2 Accelerator for RosettaNet (series) because it was unclear and not well document feature.
- And finally BizTalk Server 2013/2013 R2: Step-by-Step WCF-SAP Adapter installation guide for the same reasons.
TechNet Wiki, BizTalk Open Source Contributions
And as has been the case in recent years, I’m BizTalk Technet Contributor was I write articles in Microsoft TechNet Wiki and BizTalk TechNet moderator. I’m also a member of the TechNet Wiki Community Council and TechNet Wiki Ninja Blogger.
- BizTalk Open Source Contributions in Microsoft TechNet Gallery and in CodePlex;
- You can see all of my articles here.
And many other contributions….
Besides community work…
… of course friendship, family, traveling and running were also important things as always!
- 2015 I had the pleasure to have 3 great friends in my house/country: Steef-Jan Wiggers, Kent Weare and his wife, and Nino Crudele and is family!
- Besides traveling for speaking events I was able to visit several places in Portugal (a personal choice this year) for pleasure
- And several MVP Meetings
Thanks for following me, for reading my blog and I promise that I will continue to share my knowledge during 2016.