Finally, I’m happy with the final result and ready to release the first version of this new version of Visio 2013 Stencils for BizTalk Server… This is a collection of 73 modern flat Visio 2013 shapes that will help you represent BizTalk Server physical architectures, Integration architectures (Cloud or Hybrid scenarios), or solutions diagrams in Visio 2013:
- BizTalk Servers shapes
- BizTalk, SQL, BAM, IIS and so on…
- Common BizTalk artifacts:
- Orchestrations, Receive and Send Pipelines, Transformations, and Filters
- BizTalk Out-of-box Adapters shapes
- SMTP, SQL, File, FTP, SFTP, MSMQ, …
- Business Activity Monitoring, Business Rules Engine, BizTalk Console Administration and BizTalk360
- Windows Azure BizTalk Services and Cloud shapes
- Common Integration Servers shapes
- SMTP, Active Directory, Web, Mainframe, …
- Certificates, RFID, Gateway, Secure Message and much more…
As I said in my previous post, this is a major upgrade, apart from improving some of the existing shapes, several shapes were removed (like logotypes and “static” receive port representations)… but many new ones were created for example: “Cloud” and “Bridges and others to provide a better representation of receive and send ports. For you to have a good perspective we went from 37 to 73 available shapes that you can use and resize without losing quality!
Another big complaint that existed in the previous version was:
- The size of the stencil file – 26,5MB
- And the lack of parameterization or flexibility on some of the shapes, especially receive and send ports shapes available
Well, these two issues were solved in this version. The size of the file is now 822KB! And all the shapes can be modified or reconfigured and you can apply different design templates.
There are still some points that could be improved as well as adding new stencils and I expect next month to release a new version with some of these improvements.
- Download the file and copy to the folder “C:\Users\you_user\Documents\My Shapes” (that is the default folder for the Visio custom shapes)
- To access the shapes in Visio, from the Shapes Windows select: “More Shapes -> My Shapes -> BizTalkServerStencilsForVisio2013.vssx”
You can download Microsoft Integration, Azure, BAPI, Office 365 and much more Stencils Pack for Visio from GitHub here: