Microsoft Message Queuing Testing Tool updated

Posted: November 25, 2015  |  Categories: BizTalk Integration Tools

I just released yesterday, but I’ve decided to do a small update to this tool bringing new functionalities in order to solve some limitations, especially Character Encoding problem.

The Portuguese language has many letters with accents and while importing/reading the files in the previous version, all accented letters are printed as a question mark. It was obvious that I had a problem with Encoding.

Again, “Microsoft Message Queuing Testing Tool” is a simple tool that you can use to test sending files to Microsoft Queue in order to evaluate whether other applications are reading correctly the messages.

I’m using it to send messages to a queue that is being consumed by BizTalk Server

Release Notes

Version 2.0 brings:

  • Improvements in the “Message Label” auto-fill
  • Improvements in the “Import Message File” functionality with better control of the encoder associated with the file
    • Add the ability to choose the code page identifier
Microsoft Message Queuing Testing-Tool v2

Hope you enjoy it.

Download

You can download this tool here:

Microsoft Message Queuing Testing Tool (79,9 KB)
GitHub

Author: Sandro Pereira

Sandro Pereira lives in Portugal and works as a consultant at DevScope. In the past years, he has been working on implementing Integration scenarios both on-premises and cloud for various clients, each with different scenarios from a technical point of view, size, and criticality, using Microsoft Azure, Microsoft BizTalk Server and different technologies like AS2, EDI, RosettaNet, SAP, TIBCO etc. He is a regular blogger, international speaker, and technical reviewer of several BizTalk books all focused on Integration. He is also the author of the book “BizTalk Mapping Patterns & Best Practices”. He has been awarded MVP since 2011 for his contributions to the integration community.

1 thought on “Microsoft Message Queuing Testing Tool updated”

  1. Hi, I’m using the Test messaging tool to send a message from a text file. When I try to send, it appears in the queue but has extra characters added – causing the message to fail (my message should start with MSH). I’ve tried different combinations of coding (UTF-8, ANSI, etc) –
    FF FE 4D 00 53 00 48 00 ÿþM.S.H.
    7C 00 5E 00 7E 00 5C 00 |.^.~.\.
    26 00 7C 00 54 00 4F 00 &.|.T.O.
    50 00 40 00 51 00 45 00 P.@.Q.E.
    7C 00 51 00 44 00 58 00 |.Q.D.X.
    7C 00 52 00 43 00 56 00 |.R.C.V.

Leave a Reply to Peter Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published.

BizTalk360
BizTalk Server

Over 650+ customers across
30+ countries depend on BizTalk360

Learn More
Serverless360
Azure

Operate efficiently with enterprise-grade Azure monitoring,
tracing, remediation & governance in one platform

Learn More

Back to Top