BizTalk Orchestration error: “Errors exist for one or more children.”

For some reason after having migrated a BizTalk 2006/Visual Studio 2005 solution to BizTalk 2010/VS 2010 using VS Conversion Wizard, I got the following error:

“Errors exist for one or more children.”

Following for another saying he did not recognize a certain message, which honestly was a little strange, I should have a total about 20 “false” errors Sorriso.

Cause

Typically this problem is usually associated with problems in Orchestration Designer “refactoring” or “graphical interpretation” and in a certain way it isn’t a “valid error”, ie, it doesn’t describe the real problem.

Usually this error is followed by a red indicator on the shape; however this was not my case, I had no indicator, but had the same error.

Solution

If you have a shape indicator, enter in the shape:

  • Copy and delete the existing code and press ok to leave the shape;
  • Go back to the shape again and put the same code there;
  • Compile the project again;

In my case, I did the same strategy on the first shape where I had code (Message Assignment) that referenced the message that he said that did not recognize.

Author: Sandro Pereira

Sandro Pereira lives in Portugal and works as a consultant at DevScope. In the past years, he has been working on implementing Integration scenarios both on-premises and cloud for various clients, each with different scenarios from a technical point of view, size, and criticality, using Microsoft Azure, Microsoft BizTalk Server and different technologies like AS2, EDI, RosettaNet, SAP, TIBCO etc. He is a regular blogger, international speaker, and technical reviewer of several BizTalk books all focused on Integration. He is also the author of the book “BizTalk Mapping Patterns & Best Practices”. He has been awarded MVP since 2011 for his contributions to the integration community.

  • Anonymous

    Didn’t have a red indicator on my shape either. Fixed my problem & saved me a lot of time. Thanks!

  • Anonymous

    No idea how you worked this out but thank you. You saved mea lot of time too

  • Got this error as well, turned out I had a type in my orchestration view that wasn’t configured. It showed the indicator but it was hidden at the bottom of my list.

  • Sunny

    I have got this error many times but I have solved it in different way, just open the odx in text editor and manually delete that statement i.e, “Errors exist for one or more children.” save after it and compile it and it worked in my cases. Try it 🙂

One Platform Operations, Monitoring and Analytics Software
BizTalk360

microsoft biztalk

Learn more

Over 500 customers across 30+ countries depend on BizTalk360

ServiceBus360

Azure service bus

Learn more

Start managing your Azure Service Bus namespaces in minutes

One Platform - Operations, Monitoring and Analytics Software
BizTalk360

microsoft biztalk

Learn more

Over 500 customers across 30+ countries depend on BizTalk360

One Platform - Operations, Monitoring and Analytics Software
ServiceBus360

Azure service bus

Learn more

Start managing your Azure Service Bus namespaces in minutes

Back to Top