This problem occurs many times when we are trying to deploy pipeline components (copy the DLL to the folder: “C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server …\Pipeline Components”.
“cannot copy “custom pipeline component” as the earlier is in use”
- Visual Studio has a lock on the file in order to show the pipeline components in the toolbox.
- Some BizTalk process is running BizTalk host and have a lock on the file
- Close Visual Studio and restart host instance to make sure the pipeline component (DLL) get released.
- And then deploy pipeline component.
- Rename the file (it is much faster).
- Restart host instance
- Deploy pipeline component
- And then delete the old DLLs