This problem occurs many times when we are trying to deploy pipeline components (copy the DLL to the folder: “C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server …\Pipeline Components”.
“cannot copy “custom pipeline component” as the earlier is in use”
- Visual Studio has a lock on the file in order to show the pipeline components in the toolbox.
- Some BizTalk process is running BizTalk host and have a lock on the file
- Close Visual Studio and restart host instance to make sure the pipeline component (DLL) get released.
- And then deploy pipeline component.
- Rename the file (it is much faster).
- Restart host instance
- Deploy pipeline component
- And then delete the old DLLs
Author: Sandro Pereira
Sandro Pereira lives in Portugal and works as a consultant at DevScope. In the past years, he has been working on implementing Integration scenarios both on-premises and cloud for various clients, each with different scenarios from a technical point of view, size, and criticality, using Microsoft Azure, Microsoft BizTalk Server and different technologies like AS2, EDI, RosettaNet, SAP, TIBCO etc.
He is a regular blogger, international speaker, and technical reviewer of several BizTalk books all focused on Integration. He is also the author of the book “BizTalk Mapping Patterns & Best Practices”. He has been awarded MVP since 2011 for his contributions to the integration community.
View all posts by Sandro Pereira