The book states: “Boost your productivity by implementing best practices for automating repeating desktop processes.”, adding that no special IT knowledge is needed for this book. And I have to say that is 100% true. It is a remarkably user-friendly book that covers a wide range of essential topics about implementing Robotic Process Automation with Power Automate Desktop.
I sincerely recommend this book to individuals interested in this area or technology in general. This book will be a run pup for you or your team to understand the basics of RPA, from integrating with local programs, processes, or web browsers, even without you needing any programming knowledge! It is well-written, easy to follow and navigate, and with excellent illustrations.
I haven’t read a book about technology that held me to the end for a long time. I was curious to see what came next, and although I have a lot of knowledge in Power Automate, I never invested much in RPA, so I learned a lot from this book. Congratulations to the author!
Democratizing RPA with Power Automate Desktop Book Description
Whether you want to organize simple files or perform more complex consolidations between different Office programs and remote-control applications that don’t allow outside access, Power Automate Desktop helps meet these challenges. This book explains how to leverage this workflow automation platform by explaining the underlying RPA concepts step-by-step.
You’ll start with simple flows that can be easily recorded and further processed using the built-in recorder. Later, you’ll learn how to use the more advanced actions to automate folder and file management and enable Office programs to interact with each other. You’ll also get to grips with integrating desktop flows into different cloud environments and further enhance their value using AI. As you progress, you’ll understand how flows can run unattended, how they are managed in the Power Platform, and key concepts such as creating, modifying, debugging, and error-handling UI flows. Finally, the book will guide you to use Process Automation Designer (PAD) with your frequently used desktop systems to automate routine tasks.
By the end of this book, you’ll have become a Power Automate Desktop expert, automating both professional and personal tasks.
What you will learn
- Master RPA with Power Automate Desktop to commence your debut workflow.
- Grasp all essential product concepts such as UI flow creation and modification, debugging, and error handling.
- Use PAD to automate tasks with the frequently used systems on your desktop.
- Attain proficiency in configuring flows that run unattended to achieve seamless automation.
- Discover how to use AI to enrich your flows with insights from different AI models.
- Explore how to integrate a workflow in a broader cloud context.
Who is this book for
Whether you’re a home user looking to automate simple tasks on your workstation or a business user or citizen developer seeking to automate more complex rule-based processes, this book will help you overcome the challenge. No knowledge of a programming language is required. Still, in the more advanced chapters, a general understanding of information technology, including basic programming language structures, protocols, and cloud concepts, will be helpful.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Power Automate Desktop
- Using Power Automate Desktop and Creating First Flow
- Editing and Debugging UI Flows
- Basic Structure Elements and Flow Control
- Variables, UI Elements, and Images
- Actions for UI Automation
- Automate Your Desktop and Workstation
- Automating Standard Business Applications
- Leveraging Cloud Services and Power Platform
- Leveraging Artificial Intelligence
- Working with APIs and Services
- PAD Enterprise Best Practices
Where can you order the book?
Hope you find this helpful! So, if you liked the content or found it useful and want to help me write more, you can buy (or help buy) my son a Star Wars Lego!