I am always paying attention to requests from members of the community, and whenever I can, I update this stencil pack with requested shapes or functionalities. And this is one of these cases. One of the most common complaints about this stencil pack was/is text annotations. When you try to add a legend on the stencil, the text is in the middle of the icon, instead of underneath. And sometimes the text is white, which doesn’t help also.
Another recent aspect that came to my attention was the fact that was missing proper connector points, which make it hard to properly connect shapes in a diagram.
Of course, all of these you can manually fix by move the text to the bottom of each shape, change the color of the text and add connector points. But some of these tasks required a more deep knowledge of working with Visio and they are time-consuming. Luckily this work is being made, it may take a while since this package has more than 2000 shapes!
What’s new in this version?
Today I can announce that the first phase is done and the first file, and probably the most important, of this package is fixed:
- Microsoft Azure (MIS Azure Stencils.vssx): This package contains stencils of Azure Services (original icons) that are available thru the Azure Portal.
The main goal of this release was to solve or improve the user experience regarding text annotations and connector points. In this version, the changes and additions are:
- Text annotations issue solved: This issue was solved on the stencils present on the Microsoft Azure (MIS Azure Stencils.vssx) file;
- Proper connector points added: This improved feature was added on stencils present on the Microsoft Azure (MIS Azure Stencils.vssx) file;
- Fixed some minor stencils layouts;
- New shapes: New shapes added on Microsoft Azure (MIS Azure Stencils.vssx) and Microsoft Azure: Others (MIS Azure Others Stencils.vssx);
Microsoft Integration, Azure, Power Platform, Office 365 and much more Stencils Pack
Microsoft Integration, Azure, Power Platform, Office 365 and much more Stencils Pack it’s a Visio package that contains fully resizable Visio shapes (symbols/icons) that will help you to visually represent On-premise, Cloud or Hybrid Integration and Enterprise architectures scenarios (BizTalk Server, API Management, Logic Apps, Service Bus, Event Hub…), solutions diagrams and features or systems that use Microsoft Azure and related cloud and on-premises technologies in Visio 2016/2013:
- BizTalk Server
- Microsoft Azure
- Integration Service Environments (ISE)
- Logic Apps and Azure App Service in general (API Apps, Web Apps, and Mobile Apps)
- Azure API Management
- Messaging: Event Hubs, Event Grid, Service Bus, …
- Azure IoT and Docker
- AI, Machine Learning, Stream Analytics, Data Factory, Data Pipelines
- SQL Server, DocumentDB, CosmosDB, MySQL, …
- and so on
- Microsoft Power Platform
- Microsoft Flow
- Power BI
- Office365, SharePoint,…
- DevOps and PowerShell
- Security and Governance
- And much more…
- … and now non-related Microsoft technologies like:
- SAP Stencils
The Microsoft Integration Stencils Pack is composed of 27 files:
- Microsoft Integration Stencils
- MIS Additional or Support Stencils
- MIS AI and Machine Learning Stencils
- MIS Apps and Systems Logo Stencils
- MIS Azure Additional or Support Stencils
- MIS Azure Mono Color
- MIS Azure Old Versions
- MIS Azure Others Stencils
- MIS Azure Stencils
- MIS Buildings Stencils
- MIS Databases and Analytics Stencils
- MIS Deprecated Stencils
- MIS Developer Stencils
- MIS Devices Stencils
- MIS Files Stencils
- MIS Generic Stencils
- MIS Infrastructure Stencils
- MIS Integration Fun
- MIS Integration Patterns Stencils
- MIS IoT Devices Stencils
- MIS Office365
- MIS Power BI Stencils
- MIS PowerApps and Flows Stencils
- MIS SAP Stencils
- MIS Security and Governance
- MIS Servers (HEX) Stencils
- MIS Users and Roles Stencils
That you can use and resize without losing quality, in particular, the new shapes.
You can download Microsoft Integration, Azure, BAPI, Office 365 and much more Stencils Pack for Visio from:
Microsoft Integration, Azure, Power Platform, Office 365 and much more Stencils Pack for Visio
5 thoughts on “Microsoft Integration and Azure Stencils Pack for Visio: New version available (v6.3.0)”
Loving your work and the latest updates. Is is possible to update the Azure Databricks logo to match their latest update which made it white with a red outline?
Are you aware of https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/architecture/icons/ ?
I have a bias in favour of you shapes because they are real Visio shapes.
Unlike other non Visio offerings from MS, these are SVGs rather than bitmaps. Maybe there are some that can be added and embelish in your collection.
Very Nice Collection
I’ve found a number of your VSSX stencil files are corrupt and unusable. One in particular that I’m disappointed won’t load is the “MIS Azure Additional or Support Stencils.vssx”. I’m hoping you can fix this in gethub.
I’m not aware of this issue, but let me validate and I will let you know