Almost one month after I have released, BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter suffered its first update in order to fix one important bug.
One of the important bugs that were fixed in the previous version (5.0) was the support for timespan with more than 60 seconds, but while doing that I unintentionally create another bug.
- The adapter was not respecting Start time property defined in the Schedule property page after restarting the Host Instance, instead, it was using the Host Instance date time.
The time interval defined in the Schedule property page of the receive location must respect the Start time property defined there (and is now fixed and restored the correct behavior in this minor version)
The expected behavior of the BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter, in this case, is:
- The first message will be triggered at 16:55;
- The second at 17:00;
- Third at 17:05… 17:10, 17:15 and so on.
However, if I stop the host instance, let’s say at 17:18, and start the host instance again at 17:21, the expected behavior of the Scheduled Task Adapter is to:
- The first message will be triggered at 17:25 because is the next 5 min interval based on the start date defined in the properties, then 17:30 and so on.
Once again, this bug is now fixed and restored the correct behavior in this new minor version.
You can download this new version of the adapter in BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter CodePlex project page:
- Bug fixes
- Bug: TimeSchedule didn’t respect the start date defined in the receive location, instead it was using the host instance starting date after a restart – Solved
This adapter is available since BizTalk Server 2004.
- Release 5.0.4: minor release for BizTalk Server 2013 R2 on March 16, 2015, by Sandro Pereira: bug fixes.
- Release 5.0: release on February 18, 2015, by Sandro Pereira, this adapter was tested to work on BizTalk Server 2013 R2. Compiled in .NET Framework 4.5
- Release 4.0: release on June 12, 2012, by Sandro Pereira, this adapter was tested to work on BizTalk Server 2010. Compiled in .NET Framework 4.0
- Release 3.0: release on Aug 10, 2010, by Greg Forsythe, this adapter was tested to work on BizTalk Server 2009. Compiled in .NET Framework 2.0
- Release 2.0: last release on Apr 20, 2008, by Greg Forsythe, this adapter works with BizTalk Server 2006 and BizTalk Server 2006 R2. Compiled in .NET Framework 2.0
- Release 1.02: last release on Apr 20, 2008, by Greg Forsythe, this adapter works with BizTalk Server 2004, BizTalk Server 2006 and BizTalk Server 2006 R2. Compiled in .NET Framework 1.1
Note: The version change from V5.0 to V5.0.4 because some internal versions were made