I simply love this book! It is a great book to have for mapping reference. I think that much more could be written about maps but this book covers many issues, has best practices, great guidance and many examples of BizTalk mapping problems.
For those who don’t know the book:
Pro Mapping In BizTalk Server 2009 provides in-depth coverage of all aspects of mapping to enable you to quickly and efficiently incorporate logic that will fulfill your mapping requirements. While the mapping techniques will be useful for all versions of BizTalk Server, the code is tailored toward BizTalk Server 2006 R3 and demonstrates the latest approaches to standard maps, electronic data interchange, and RFID components. You’ll refer again and again to the multiple solutions that will help solve your new mapping challenges, and soon find this is an essential reference for any BizTalk implementation.
What you’ll learn
- Solve complex problems within the mapping engine rather than by resorting to custom programming.
- Become familiar with facets of the EDI standard, such as ASCII X12 and EDIFACT, the types of mapping problems these standards cause, and solutions to those problems.
- Discover a migration path for developers familiar with the Mercator, Gentran, Application Integrator, and other mapping engines to move to the BizTalk engine.
- Reduce the cost of mapping by decreasing the time required to complete and test complex maps.
- Get a clear description of the simpler methods that can be employed to solve seemingly complex problems.