Exciting news for the BizTalk Community… especially the 200 persons that attended the BizTalk Summit 2014 London that already know the potential of BizTalk NoS Addin!
Nino Crudele just public announce in his personal blog that BizTalk NoS Add-in Beta version has been officially released through Visual Studio Gallery that the BizTalk NoS Addin is now available for you to download it and install it on Visual Studio gallery at: BizTalk NoS Addin!!!!!
What is BTSG NoS Addin purpose?
The purpose of BTSG NoS Addin is to help all BizTalk Developer, why not, all BizTalk Administrator too in a lot of different situations, by improving the developer experience and why not reduce the development time in new or existent BizTalk projects.
It will provide several functionalities like quick search inside artifact, fast register/unregister in GAC, find critical, internal or external dependencies… and many more functionalities like JackHammering, which will compare your VS artifact with the artifact deployed in BizTalk environment, you can also extract the artifact (Orchestration, map, schema and so on) from BizTalk environment and put it in the VS solution or even test your pipeline in VS simply… several features that are usefully in our day by day work and a time saver in a lot of situations.
How can I install BTSG NoS Addin
You can install BTSG NoS Addin directly from Visual Studio “Extensions and Updates” option. For that you must:
- Open Visual Studio as Administrator, go to the “Tools” menu and select the “Extensions and Updates” option.
- In the “Extensions and Updates”, in the right panel select “Online” tab and search for “BizTalk” or for “BizTalk NoS Addin”.
- And Download the BizTalk Nos Addin”.
The rest of the installation process is described in one of my previous post: How to install BTSG NoS Addin for Visual Studio 2012
You can find all the documentation about this Addin in:
Or in my posts:
- What is BTSG NoS Addin purpose and what features are available? (Part 1)
- What is BTSG NoS Addin purpose and what features are available? (Part 2)
- What is BTSG NoS Addin purpose and what features are available? (Part 3)
- What is BTSG NoS Addin purpose and what features are available? (Part 4)
- What is BTSG NoS Addin purpose and what features are available? (Part 5)
It has been a challenge, an extreme playfulness and a privilege to work with my dear friend Nino Crudele! I feel extremely honored that Nino has chosen me to help in this final phase of his work and for that THANKS Nino!
Now is time to take a small vacation of BizTalk NoS Addin and finish my ongoing work: BizTalk Mapper Pattern eBook… which, of course, Nino will be one of the reviewers!